Friday, March 5, 2010

St. Patricks Blocks & Sign

In Celebration of St. Patricks Day!
"IRISH" Blocks

Tara had this great idea!  I do believe they turned out adorable!  St. Patrick's Day is a holiday that is often overlooked.  But, I like to think of this day as "SPRING is just around the corner!" 
The blocks are very easy! 
A 2x4 cut down to different sizes and sanded.
Stain or paint the blocks.
Cut out vinyl letters. (Make sure you measure your blocks before you cut them out!  That way you won't end up with letters to BIG for your blocks!)
Cut your paper...if you want and adhere using Mod Podge or Spray Adhesive!  You can just leave them painted too.
Adhere vinyl letters.
Add emblishments...ribbon, buttons, clovers..whatever you fancy!
Ta Da!  Your very own CUTE IRISH blocks!

(FYI- I am thinking about turning mine around and reusing them for spring.  Maybe spell BLOOM or GROW with a flower on one??  This way you get more use outta em')

"LUCKY" Wreath Sign

Well, I have a VERY ugly front door!  We are actually looking in to replacing it...but doors are EXPENSIVE!  Anyway, back to CRAFTS!  I ALWAYS have to have a wreath on my door in honor of the holiday.  If there isn't a holiday...then it is a flag in honor of our country!  So, I have been trying to be frugle and not spend money on covering up our ugly front door by using what I have around the house!  This wreath sign cost less than a DOLLAR!  Love it when I can craft for cheap!

Cut out 14x6 piece of wood.
Cut out shamrock paper and adhere using Mod Podge or Spray Adhesive.
Distress edges with Distressing Ink.  (LOVE this stuff!)
Adhere Vinyl Letters
Drill two holes in the top corners.
Thread ribbon through holes and tie.
Attach emblishments.

This project is super quick, super easy, super cheap, and super cute!

Isn't that just SUPER???  Do you think I have used the word SUPER to many times???
Yeah, me too!

(By the way...I only had to use ONE 12x12 piece of scrapbook paper for both of these projects!  Can't beat that!)

1 comment:

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Julie,
Very cute!! Love quick and easy projects. Especially on the cheap :)
Happy St. Patty's Day!
Linda